The latest news and information about startups and innovations in education.
We’re now smack dab in the middle of summer, but things are still heating up in edtech with some hot new research on personalized learning, London Edtech Week recap, and a BIG acquisition by Microsoft.
According to new research from the Center on Reinventing Public Education, “when school districts adopt personalized learning, the bulk of the work falls to teachers, who, while excited about the opportunity to innovate, are often not supported by their school systems to implement and share their ideas.” But never fear. Here are several strategies that districts can implement to help scale their personalized learning efforts.
London Edtech week gathers some of the world’s best, brightest, and most entertaining edtech companies in a celebration of the future of education technology. Here are some of the companies getting top marks:
- Lightneer: a mobile gaming company
- Giglets: an imaginative online reading library
- Flipgrid: an online video sharing tool for the classroom
- GoConqr: an interactive learning platform
- Jolt: an app that educates students about career skills
- iLeader: an on-the-job management learning app
- HowNow: an app that lets anyone to create and sell online courses from their own website
Laura Truncellito- Laura is the founder and CEO of Language Scholars, LLC, a company which seeks to utilize cutting edge technology to enhance global learning and communication. firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you enjoy this issue?
Did you read something you think we should include in our newsletter?